It’s time to leave the sports drink, soda, energy drinks and the “natural” flavored waters on the shelves……. lets make our own! Have you read the list of ingredients on your favorite drink? Most will have preservatives, artificial sweeteners, artificial coloring, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose (WOW) Not Healthy. Get to your PEAKE!
10 Ways to make hydration taste GREAT!
- Berries – Full of antioxidants aka anti-aging
- Chia Seeds – Strengthens teeth and bones
- Cinnamon – Helps with blood sugar and cholesterol
- Cucumber – For after a great workout, cools & hydrates
- Fresh Mint/Peppermint oil – Freshens your breath & helps with nausea
- Lemon/lime – Immunity booster
- Pineapple & Ginger – Helps with digestion
- Watermelon & Rosemary – Stress-less
- Apple & Cinnamon Stick – Metabolism Booster
- Watermelon & Coconut water – Energy Booster
How to make infused water:
- First, add your fruit/veggie into a glass container with water
- Next, if your adding an herb/spice gently bruise the leaf before putting in to help bring out the flavor
- Let it sit in the fridge for 2-8 hours, the longer you leave it, the stronger the flavor. ENJOY!
Thanks for reading – Gabby Nigro