If one of your goals is to be FIT and HEALTHY, than here is your first assignment. DETOX! DETOX! DETOX! First step to a healthy and fit lifestyle is to remove the TOXIC FIVE foods from your diet.
THE TOXIC FIVE
1. Soy Products: Soy, like meat, is all about the quality and quantity you ingest. Not all soy is created equal! Many soy products found in the store are made from PROCESSED soy. If the label reads “soy protein” it means the soy’s’ contents are processed and likely loaded with sugar, fat and refined flour. Consume soy in moderation and make sure it’s FERMENTED. Your best bet is to consume the following: Edamame, Tofu, Tempeh, Miso and Natto.
2. Sugars: Sugar is a refined carbohydrate and raises cortisol, the body’s main stress hormone. What does high cortisol mean to you? It means disturbed sleep cycle, lagging sex drive and it will make it harder for you to lose weight.
3. Conventional Dairy: Have acne or bloating? Cows milk, cheeses, and yogurt have been proven to increase your body’s matrix metalloproteinase (MMK). MMK is an enzyme which causes inflammation. Increased inflammation in body will make it harder for you to lose weight, causes higher levels of androgens and increase in acne. Conventional dairy is full of chemicals and hormones. Can you say Toxic!
4. GMO’s: Genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) mmmm… sounds yummy doesn’t it? The DNA of a GMO has been altered by wiring in genes from other plant forms, pesticides, bacteria and viruses. There are countries who have banned the import of GMO foods. Common health concerns that are link to GMO foods are an increase in allergies, antibiotic resistance, problems with endocrine system and cancerous tumor growth.
5. Gluten: Don’t dismiss this as another crazy fad diet; it has proven scientific backing. Having a gluten sensitivity/allergy causes inflammation throughout the body. This increased inflammation can cause weight gain, diabetes, autoimmune disease, and multiple chronic diseases. If you are having gut issues, you need to say no to gluten and your tummy will thank you.